If you read my last post you know that I made some really good keto bread a few days ago. I’ve enjoyed it with pulled beef barbacoa sandwiches so far, but I wanted to see how it would taste as french toast. Well let me tell you now, yum!
French toast is an easy recipe to make, and it can look so pretty so it feels like quite the treat!
I slice my bread thin-ish, just slightly thinner than most sandwich bread. It is a perfect foil for the sweet vanilla flavor of the eggs mixture and syrup.
– 1 Egg
– 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
– 1 tsp vanilla
– Tiny pinch of salt
– 2 tsp Xylosweet (or your preferred sweetener) * Optional
– 4 slices of Easy Paleo Keto Bread
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1. Heat frying pan on medium, spray frying pan lightly with oil, or a small amount of butter.
2. Mix egg, heavy cream, vanilla, salt, Xylosweet
3. Lay each slice of dipped bread in pan, pour any extra eggs mixture on top.
4. When bottom of toast is lightly browned, flip and brown on other side.
5. Serve immediately while warm.
My hubby likes it with a pat of butter on each slice, sprinkled lightly with powdered sugar, and enjoys it with sugar free syrup. I like it that way as well! But it’s also really good with butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar!